Milton Keynes, UK – Occasional travel
The role reports to the Finance Director in the Finance department
SIS LIVE Ltd (soon to be NEP Connect) is part of the NEP Group and worldwide network, and we are a leading provider of global critical connectivity services. Our technology and team deliver content to millions of viewers worldwide via a comprehensive satellite and Anylive® fibre infrastructure.
We broadcast 250 hours of live content every day, supporting clients that include global brand names and broadcasters like the BBC, Channel 4, Five, ITV, Sky Sports, to deliver experiential live events and social network streaming to audiences in multiple territories.
NEP’s team of more than 3,500 employees are driven by passion and a focus on technical innovation, and together we have supported productions in over 65 countries on all 7 continents. Headquartered in the United States, NEP has offices in 24 other countries.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting function, financial systems and overseeing the financial performance of the business. The Financial Controller will also ensure corporate and statutory compliance within a robust internal controls environment.
The Financial Controller will manage a team of c. 4 direct reports (part qualified and non-qualified). Liaising with managers across the SIS LIVE (NEP Connect) business as well as counterparts in the NEP UK finance team. Contact for bankers, auditors and advisers.
• Lead, develop and mentor the finance team
• Co-ordinate the production and review of monthly management accounts, investigation of variances and preparation and presentation of monthly financial reports in accordance with Group reporting deadlines, providing analysis and insights to the Finance Director and Senior Management as appropriate
• Regular Dashboard reporting including key metrics and KPIs
• Production of Board pack
• Monthly production of rolling 3-month cash flow forecasts and management of daily cash
• Assist with the development of annual budgets and regular forecasts
• Ensure timely completion of all corporate and statutory requirements (including financial statements, VAT, employment tax, corporation tax and ONS returns)
• Work with NEP Group and advisers to develop tax strategy and ensure appropriate tax provisions are calculated and accounted for
• Develop and maintain robust internal controls and processes
• Review and approve payrolls in conjunction with HR
• Review and approve AP payment runs
• Deputise for the Finance Director as required
• Develop and build effective relationships with senior management team, department managers, colleagues in other NEP entities, and external advisers such as banks, auditors and tax specialists
• Regular business partnering and performance monitoring activities with department heads (covering historical variance analysis, forecasting and budgetary planning
• Provide a positive, supportive, open and honest environment
• Provide development opportunities and stretch across the finance team
• Ensure cover for time critical activities
• Document financial processes and continually review and update to ensure they are effective, efficient and optimally controlled
• Ensure effective development of finance related applications to meet the needs of the group
• Operate within the legal and regulatory framework
• Minimise financial and commercial risk
• Ensure that the best interests of SIS LIVE (NEP Connect) and the NEP group are upheld at all times
• ACA/ACCA with 3-5 years’ industry experience in a fast moving environment
• Strong leadership qualities and an enthusiastic team player with approachable manner – ability to engage with colleagues across the business with a constructive and can-do attitude to deliver team outputs within required deadlines
• Excellent communication skills – confidence with ability to interact at all levels and versatility to adapt style for internal and external stakeholders
• Self-motivated – positive, proactive attitude, demonstrating the drive and enthusiasm to achieve own potential and improve the operational performance of the department
• Commercial acumen and an enquiring mind – ability to think analytically, challenge financial performance in a positive manner, and provide value-added and insightful variance commentary
• Logical and clear thinking – ability to simplify, standardise and automate reporting processes
• Strong attention to detail – ability to correlate and cross-reference between multiple sources of data
• US GAAP experience
• Previous use of Sun and/or Proactis and Infor Q&A reporting
• Transactional experience of accounting systems (experience of Sun Accounting would be advantageous)
• Prior experience of working in a US group and/or Entertainment industry
• Experience of database reporting tools
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee.
The job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the Company.
This position will have access to sensitive information and, as such, must be managed with great integrity. Professional, unbiased and credible behaviours in this role are essential at all times.
Communication – the ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and style.
Teamwork – a sense of team can make a significant difference in whether you meet or fail your objectives. Team meetings are required to share information, tips and successes are essential. Just as important is creating and maintaining the bond across the team.
Initiative – the willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and without due escalation.
Resilience – the ability to cope with difficulty, negotiate obstacles, to optimise performance in the face of adversity. Take rejection as a personal challenge to succeed with the next client and turn a loss into a development opportunity.
Organising Work – the ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve a task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals. Be conscientious and take great pride in your work.
Inquisitive – the ability to ask appropriate questions and understand the implications.
Analysis – the ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
Interpersonal Sensitivity – the ability to recognise clearly and accurately others’ points of view, feelings and needs and the willingness to take these into account.
Integrity – the willingness to adhere to social, ethical, professional and organisational standards. Be respectful and listen to others.
Achievement Orientation – the determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
Judgement – the ability to be rational, objective and unbiased when making decisions or taking action.
Visionary – the ability to demonstrate personal commitment to Company goals in an energetic way so as to motivate others and create an environment where the core values are realised.
All applications are strictly confidential.