Always-on Satellite Back-up
FAILURE TO DELIVER IS NEVER AN OPTION.
To complement our extensive Anylive® fibre network a permanently installed satellite connection is used for key locations where further resiliency is required. An ‘always-on’ satellite connection comprised of a small Eutelsat Tooway® antenna is controlled by the Eutelsat NewsSpotter® platform. With a deployed estate of over 50 terminals, SIS LIVE; soon to rebrand under the name of NEP Connect, services provide the following benefits:
- Completely diverse redundant connection to the fibre connection
- Small VSAT dish located close to Anylive® fibre comms cabinet
- Always ‘pinging’ with alarms at SIS LIVE NOC should the connection fail – even outside of a live event
- LiveU encoder connected to the SIS LIVE LiveU hub for complete control
- Supports multiple standards including 3G/HD/SD-SDI or HDMI 1.4 inputs
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) and other lost packet recovery algorithms, provide stable content delivery
- LiveU hubs located in two SIS LIVE facilities; MediaCityUK and Milton Keynes for further resiliency
- Up to 6Mbps uncontended bandwidth available
The complete satellite back-up solution is fully installed and managed by SIS LIVE. All connections are monitored using SIS LIVE’s NOCs located at MediaCityUK and Milton Keynes. We are experts in content delivery and build class-leading solutions to ensure all services exceed customer expectations.