Always-on Satellite Back-up
FAILURE TO DELIVER IS NEVER AN OPTION.
To complement our extensive Anylive® fibre network a permanently installed satellite connection is used for key locations where further resiliency is required. An ‘always-on’ satellite connection comprised of a small Eutelsat Tooway® antenna is controlled by the Eutelsat NewsSpotter® platform. With a deployed estate of over 50 terminals, NEP Connect (formerly known as SIS LIVE) services provide the following benefits:
- Completely diverse redundant connection to the fibre connection
- Small VSAT dish located close to Anylive® fibre comms cabinet
- Always ‘pinging’ with alarms at NEP Connect NOC should the connection fail – even outside of a live event
- LiveU encoder connected to the NEP Connect LiveU hub for complete control
- Supports multiple standards including 3G/HD/SD-SDI or HDMI 1.4 inputs
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) and other lost packet recovery algorithms, provide stable content delivery
- LiveU hubs located in two NEP Connect facilities; MediaCityUK and Milton Keynes for further resiliency
- Up to 6Mbps uncontended bandwidth available
The complete satellite back-up solution is fully installed and managed by NEP Connect. All connections are monitored using NEP Connect’s NOCs located at MediaCityUK and Milton Keynes. We are experts in content delivery and build class-leading solutions to ensure all services exceed customer expectations.